Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Cake Pops

Although I've been doing cake bites for some time now, cake pops, especially decorated cake pops, are on a whole different level for me.  This past week, I had the opportunity to make 150 Halloween themed cake pops.  One was for a party, and the other for an Elementary School class party.  These were so much fun to do!  I hope the customers were as happy as I am.

For the larger Halloween Party, there were a grouping of four different characters: Candy Corn; a ghost; a Witch; and Frankenstein. Each was a different flavor: Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting; Pound Cake with a Cool Whip/Cream Cheese/Cheesecake icing; Chocolate Cake with Mint icing and Andes mints; and Apple Cider Cake with Apple Cider Frosting.






For the school party, the Frankenstein pops were Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, and the test tubes were Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Frosting.  Kid-Friendly flavors, but so much fun!  These test tubes were fun to "experiment" with (ha).  I really had no idea how to go about developing them, but I think they turned out well!  Notice the "liquid" on the bottom, how it swirls, and how the test tubes are "bubbling over".  Happy Halloween!!


No comments:

Post a Comment